Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Now I'm Freeeeee! Free Fallin'!

Wow.

That's all I can say. I went skydiving today and jumped out of a plane at 14000 feet. It was quite possibly the most exciting thing I have ever done. I wasn't even all that nervous until we got to jump height, and everyone started flying out of the back of this tiny plane. But as soon as I was out, I felt so alive. My whole body was tingling afterwards.
It was about a 15 second freefall, and I was able to get it all on video, as I had someone fall with me with a camera strapped to their head. They shot video an took pictures, but I have to get the roll developed, then I'll put some of them up on the web page.
After I jumped, there was one other person who hadn't jumped, and the plane was pretty empty, so tey asked if anyone wanted to go on this load. I did, so I paid about half the price again, and went a second time.
This time was a lot better, the instructor got us to do some flips and spins, and it was about a 50 second freefall this time. Unbelieveable. I can almost guarantee I will be doing it again in the coming months. Only 10 more jumps till I get my skydiving license! Ha ha!
Other than that, I haven't been doing too much lately. I've been hanging out around the city, just checking things out, and getting used to being here. I coul easily live in Sydney for the rest of my life, it's such a great city. The people are really friendly, it's clean, and there's so many things to do.
I seem to have come down with a cold or something, as I couldn't sleep last night, and my throat is killing me, my head's stuffed up, and I break out into cold sweats every once in a while. Hopefully that will pass soon enough, cuz I don't like being sick on vacation.
Next week I'm going to Canberra to visit a friend, then off to Melbourne to see what they have to offer. I've heard that people who land in Sydney tend to like Sydney more than Melbourne, and people who land in Melbourne tend to like it more than Sydney. We'll see. I don't think any place could top Sydney right now :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Skydiving is Australia is extra dangerous. Because you're already upside down at the bottom of the world, sometimes when you jump out of the airplane you shoot straight up into outerspace, and have to stay there. You become an Austronaught.

Still, that's pretty awesome. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home