Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Random Pics and Updates!

Hey folks! Well, this week has been super busy, I've been working every day at the restaurant, and then at night at the hostel. I've barely had time for any relaxing. Still, it's nice to have something to do and keep me out of trouble. I have some very interesting news, but we'll et to that in a second. First of all, I have some more pictures you can gaze at longingly:


This is me pole dancing. They say a picture's worth a thousand words, but I can only think of 2 words to describe this: Dead sexy!


Here's just a random picture of the people I took out on the pub crawl last weekend. There were actually about 10 more people but they're still in the first bar. Perhaps they were being held hostage, or trapped in tar pits, I'm not really sure. My memory at this point was already starting to get fuzzy.


Probably owing to Canada's climate and considerable cleanliness, I had never actually seen a live cockroach, except at the Assiniboine Zoo (in an aquarium with hundreds of Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches). Well, I can safely say that I have seen my share living in Sydney. They're all over the place, and there's not much you can do about them. This cute little guy was found dead outside the lifts in my hostel. The police suspect it's foul play, and interviewed everyone on the floor regarding their whereabouts the night before. Turns out it was a drug deal gone bad. The coin is a Aussie 5-cent piece (about the same size as a Canadian dime) just to give you some perspective.

That's all the random pics I have, but what about my news? Well!

As I have written previously, I am going to be travelling around the country with my friend, Shawna. We've been looking into getting a car and going fruit picking and such and haven't been able to find anything worthwhile yet. However, she has found us jobs here.

We're leaving Sydney on the 20th, flying to Gladstone, and taking a catamaran over to the island. We'll be there for 3 months, and then we head back onto the mainland to continue our travels. Still, working on a resort island on the Great Barrier Reef = Score!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time. Do you know what you will be doing on Heron Island??? I am assuming something along the lines of what you are doing now. We checked it out on the internet and it looks amazing!!! This will be a hundred times better than fruit picking, although that would have been interesting also. Hope you can keep your blog going as we look forward to all the adventures. Take care.
Love you and miss you. Mom & Dad

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home