Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Friday, January 12, 2007

Stay the Course, Kevy, You're Doing Super!

Well folks, not much has happened in the past week worth writing about, I'm not gonna lie to you. We're anxiously awaiting our departure date, which is Saturday the 20th. Shawna and I fly out of Sydney, land in Brisbane, twiddle our thumbs for a couple hours (that's some nice thumb-twiddling, boy), and fly to Gladstone (an economic powerhouse of 35,000 people). That's gonna be some fun times.
Anyhow, we stay there for a night, then catamaran over to Heron Island Sunday morning to start our 3 month stint on a tropical paradise.
In other news, in honour of it being National Simpsons Appreciation Week in Canada, our quiz night was all Simpsons questions. 42 questions of nothing but Maggie, Bart, Lisa, Marge, and that other one. It was a rousing success, although it was all Europeans and North Americans that took it. The Asians in the crowd were somewhat perplexed. I suppose I could toss the quiz up here for my faithful readers to answer at their leasure. In fact, I will do that, but I'm at the wrong computer, so I'll have to do that later. I'm such a quiz-tease!
Um... what else can I say? Oh, I found a bottle shop that sells Canadian beer! I can buy Moosehead, Kokanee, or Labatt's Blue. a 6-pack is $20, which isn't even that much more than a 6 of Australian beer. It's really out of the way, but it's nice to have a taste of Canada every once in a while. Now if I could find a place that sells Crown Royal.....

8 Comments:

Blogger Beachgal said...

Sounds like you're in for some fun in paradise...I'm so jealous.

They don't sell Crown Royal in Australia??

1:09 PM  
Blogger K-Dawg said...

They don't sell Crown Royal here, at least I haven't been able to find it. They do, however, sell Canadian Club, which is to Crown Royal what monkey feces are to Crown Royal. Yeah, maybe one day I'll think of a better analogy...

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a shop that sells, Tim Horton's double double,,,or poutine, or Peter's Drive Inn....
mmmm coffee....

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have no riding academys in Aus? I thought Crown Royal was an equine byproduct.

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mate i missed the royalty too!! every now and again a CC and dry had to do though.

let me know your tropical paradise address and i will post some crown royal to you. I will i promise.

S

3:14 PM  
Blogger K-Dawg said...

What's with the people posting under anony-moose? Are you cyberstalkers? Did I give you The HerpesĀ® and now you're trying to harass me online? I'm totally gonna find out your IP address and pwnz your computar! ZOMG!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

Hey Kev, think I'll have time to hit a mall while your twiddle'n your thumbs??? hehe

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Pulleeeeeeez,,,relax..why you have to get all paranoid?
Angie

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home