Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Monday, February 26, 2007

Insert Witty Title Here

Ok, so things in Byron Bay are chugging along. I have some things lined up and should find out what's gonna happen in the next couple days. In the meantime, I continue to laze around the hostel, and wander around town. Byron Bay, right now, is almost like being an a beach town in Canada, as there are literally hundreds of Canadians here. Must be the Oz Experience crowd heading north from Sydney to Cairns. Either way, there's a lot of hockey being talked a-boot.

I picked up a new digital camera today, a Nikon Coolpix S5. Higher resolution and it's a lot more slim, so it fits in my pocket without people asking me, "Hey, is that an HP digital camera in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?" Granted, it's funny replying that I don't own a digital camera, and they get all uncomfortable, start sweating profusely, and then beat a hasty retreat without saying another word. I should have some pictures up soon, once I can get my system to a wireless drop, and I can show everyone pics of the wee turtles (they were too quick for me!).

And one final note, I'm heading into Nimbin tomorrow. For those of you who don't know what Nimbin is (and I suspect that's a large number of you stay-at-home-Canadians), imagine Amsterdam if it were in San Fransisco in the 60's. Hippies all over the place, and... er... questionable cookies. Check out the Wiki on it here. Not exactly a family oriented place, but I suppose that depends on your family. Anyways, I'll get lots of pictures of the rain forest if I remember. I'm not making any promises. *ahem*

Stay classy San Diego.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quick reference to TOONZ comment on last entry - aren't they called Cougars??
Checked out link to Nimbin and looks quite interesting to say the least. Remember smoking can kill you!!! Do you plan on staying there or are you just going to check it out??
Glad your camera has been replaced and we look forward to more photos of your experiences.
Take care of yourself and we love you and miss you lots.
Mom & Dad

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home