Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Friday, February 16, 2007

Another Chapter Finished

Well folks, due to some unfortunate circumstances, I am no longer on Heron Island. I'm currently sitting in a backpackers in Gladstone (run by a lovely couple out of their house, I should add) and I've got a couple of options. I could go meet our Winnipegger friend Ashley and her father down in Byron Bay, or I could go fruit picking in Queensland just to get a head start on it. I also found out that I cannot apply for permanent residence in Australia until I've stayed here for at least 6 months, so I'e got 1 1/2 months to go till that date arrives. In the meantime...

I had a great time on the island, and of course, didn't do everything I wanted to do. I went snorkeling a few times, but no SCUBA diving sadly. Nor did I get to ride the heli over, which would have been cool, but I'll just have to make sure I do it at some other point in my life.

I'm kind of in transition right now, so I don't know how often I'll be online (again with the lack of internet access!) but I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on my whereabouts.

Something that I read on the island that is sticking with me now: Success in life is not measured by the achievements one as reached, but by the obstacles one has overcome to reach those achievements.

I wish you all well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are okay and looking forward to the next chapter. Whatever you decide to do will be adventurous and something to write home about. Sounds like you have picked up some insight into what makes the world go round and how we all fit into it. Keep your chin up and remember that everything happens for a reason. Keep in touch.
Love you and miss you lots.
Mom & Dad

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home