Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Things Are Going Swimmingly

Hi folks! We're here safe and sound on Heron Island. There are literally thousands of birds on this tiny plot of sand and coral, and they're chirping non-stop. It's faded into the background somewhat, but it's still weird.
I'm working a lot, but I've been jumping off the jetty as often as I can, mostly at night, which is pretty cool. I've seen countless Eagle Rays, a couple reef sharks, and dozens of baby turtles just hatching and racing madly for the ocean. How adorable!
I've just got back from the mainland again, as I had today and yesterday off, and I had to pick up a few things, so I'm starting my week again tomorrow, and I'll get Saturday/Sunday off again. Hopefully, I'll be able to write a better entry than this, but my time is limited on here, and I'll wrap up now.
Miss you all, and I'll talk to you soon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you again and glad that you are doing okay. We were watching a documentary on Steve Irwin off the Great Barrier Reef the other night and he was holding a big snakey looking thing. They are supposed to be the deadliest snakes in the world....WATCH YOUR ASS......
Love you & miss you. Mom & Dad

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any word on rigging together a coconut radio or a coconut high speed internet?

Apparantly reef sharks are only aggressive if they are hungry or if they are not hungry. So you should be perfectly safe if you avoid them at those times.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home