Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Winter Is A-Comin!

Evenin' everybody. Well, it's getting to be fall here in Sydney, and it really is noticeable. The days are generally still nice, but it gets down to about 15 degrees at night (which is actually chilly down here without any long sleeved shirts), and it's only supposed to get cooler. Damn this weather!

Sadly, I have nothing else to report. I work, sleep, and occasionally go out and get blind drunk. That's going to slow down considerably in the next little while though, as everyone I hang around with is leaving Sydney for other locales, be it in Australia or back to their home countries, wherever that may be. The next big thing is going to be my birthday I guess, and that's not for 3 more weeks.

Random sentence: I would kill someone for some real lemonade. Like, *ACTUAL* lemonade, and not Sprite.

I'm growing somewhat bored with Sydney right now. Granted, I don't really do much, and I've done all the touristy things, so I'm just saving up to go somewhere else and check out some new scenery. I reckon my birthday weekend will have me heading back to Byron Bay again, as I really loved it there, and it's close enough and cheap enough to get to without me breaking the bank just to travel for a weekend. It's also supposed to be herpes-free (according to the adverts anyways), so it's got that going for it.

Fact! I've become addicted to Facebook.

Thursday is my day off this week, so I'll be finding an immigration service to figure out what I need to do to get residency. Apparently I have to go through some sort of assessment to see what skills I have, and whether they can be used here in Australia. I'm really hoping they need someone to test out beds, or get rid of all the excess beer they have in this country. These jobs would be right up my alley, I reckon.

My computer went crazy last week, and (techno-babble alert!) none of my USB ports are working, so I can't upload any new pictures to it, or use my mice or anything like that, and it's driving me nuts. Damned crappy Chinese knock-off gamepads!

Um... that's it for now I suppose. My next post should be more stimulating, as it has to do with migratory patterns of the elusive Spider Wombat. Or was that the Wombat Spider? Either way, it's comedy gold!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home