Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Saturday, March 10, 2007

It Feels Like Home Again...

Well folks, I'm back in business. After staying in Byron Bay for a couple weeks with nothing happening, I've headed back into Sydney, found a job, and cheap accomodation. I'll be doing this for a couple months I figure, then head off to parts undetermined.

It's funny, after spending a month and a half away from Sydney, and trying to find work out in the small towns, I've found that it's just not me. I like being a small fish in a big pond. I reckon it's mostly because I do a lot of bone-headed things, and it's nice to be anony-moose when I do.

Byron Bay is beautiful, and I can't wait to go back again to check out some of the sights again. You can kayak with dolphins, hang glide, go on winery tours, and all that other touristy stuff, which I never got a chance to, since I was trying to save money. Next time, Byron. Next time...

In the meantime, I'm working hard, saving money, hardly going out (it's true! I'm like a hermit crab! Er... without the changing shells when I grow bigger I suppose. So nothing like a hermit crab. I don't know why I said that), and relaxing in the big city. It's just nice to be able to go see a movie when I want to, or go grab some Thai food or pizza if I want, and I missed that.

Anyways guys, I do still have pictures that I'm going to post, but I'm just at a public terminal now with no access to them. I'll throw some on in the next couple days, I promise!

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your starting to say reckon!

it just happens. no control over it. one day it just slips out and no turning back.... and cant help yourself.

i still say it but here in Alberta people just think im a hick. and say this pronouncing your R's heavily and you will know what i mean.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home