Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Buenos Noche el Mexicano!

I think that means something about nachos and Mexi-fries. I dunno, my Spanish is a little rusty...

Anyhow, this will just be a quick picture update with regards to last night's festivities, it being Mexican Night in the Sidebar. So being Mexican Night, people were dressed up in ponchos, sombreros, or Mexican wrestling masks (although really, there was only 1 guy in the wrestling mask, and everyone thought he was wearing a gimp mask. Don't know what a gimp mask is? Google it! You'll be pleasantly surprised!). Regardless, I had to have a big old Mexican moustache drawn on my otherwise beautiful face (and I was told I look like a dirty dirty Mexican), and got a sombrero from the bar staff. It was good times.


One of the many highlights of the evening for me was the Limbo contest. For those of you who may not know this, I'm a pretty flexible guy. And I lurves me some Limbo. So people all lined up for Limbo-ing, and it began...


After about 20 people were eliminated for hitting their knees, or their head on the bar, it was me and this dude from Taiwan.


As we went on and on, the announcer kept asking the crowd who they wanted to see win, Taiwan (*clap* *clap*) or Canada (uproarious cheering and applause) so of course, there was no pressure. Once the bar got to about 2 feet, it happened.... My legs gave out and my knees hit the ground. The Taiwanese limboed under and won the competition. I think he actually could have even gone lower! Turns out he's a professional breakdancer and he's super limber anyways. (Do you think they cal it 'Limbo' because you need to be 'Limber'? Google it! You'll be pleasantly surprised! Or mildly disappointed, I'm not sure).

Anyhow, while I did lose, a lot of people were impressed with the show, and even when I went down to get food today, I had people coming up to me and telling me how they were hoping I would win. Oh well... there's always next time.

By the way, here's a shot of my friend Shawna from back home, who was also out to Mexican Night. There's so many Canadians here right now!


I don't know how she scammed the sombrero though, as you need to drink 5 tequilas or 5 Coronas to get one. I think she may have killed someone for it, so if you're wearing a sombrero and this girl starts talking to you, call the Feds!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear your representing Canada well with all your drinking challenge wins! :) Kudos on getting a job - when do you start? Anywho, ttyl and keep up the good work :) Robyn

p.s. Knowing Shawna she probably drank both the 5 shots and the 5 beers :) Say hi to her for me.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home