Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Oh Yes...

AFL is in full swing. That's Aussie Football League of course. Funny thing about the Aussie sports, though. The team names aren't exactly... um... intimidating. Example: Sydney's team name is, I kid you not, the Sydney Swans. And there are the Rabbitohs, Magpies and the Cats. Not Tigercats or Killer Cats, just Cats. Like fluffy yarn-playing cats. Weak.

Of course, they have some of the teams with tough names, like the Demons, Dragons, and Lions, but I like to focus on the pink-sounding names. Though, I would have to say my favourite, purely for nostalgic reasons is the Bombers. Luckily they're in second place right now, so I've picked a good team to cheer on.

AFL looks like a fun game to play. You basically grab the ball, hit it to your teammates, run as fast as you can towards the other teams uprights, and kick it through. That's it. It's pretty rough, not like rugby, but rougher than soccer. I'll have to try it sometime I suppose.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*LAUGH* "Like fluffy yarn-playing cats. Weak."

That's great!

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home