Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Oh Oz, You Know Not What You've Done

Well, my massive bribes and blackmailing seems to have paid off, as the government has seen it fit to allow me to stay here for another year. Woohoo! Of course, this means I won't see most of you for even longer, but you know what they say: Absence makes the heart something something.

In other news, I'm down in Brisbane now, just hanging out, looking for work, that sort of thing. It's not bad, but it's really strange being in a big city (approx 2m people) after being in Airlie (approx 3 1/2 people). It's just so damn busy around here!

I had a nice visit with my aunt and uncle, who actually extended their stay in Brisbane because I was arriving a day later than I thought I would. It was nice to see some familiar faces again, and have a nice chat about where they had gone and how screwy Australians are (honestly, they use a 2 button system on their toilets, I'm not even joking).

The last 2 weeks in Airlie were, quite literally, the most intense I've ever had to endure. Mostly because I wasn't sure if I'd be staying in the country, but also because I was taken out drinking repeatedly by the kind folks I work with and such. Honestly, I look back on my pictures and I don't remember a lot of them, but they show I seemed to have been having fun. Lucky me.

And if you're lucky, I may just call you at 5am and leave a really drunken message on your machine *cough*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a 5 am call eh? like someone we know calling us at work drunk?

2:44 PM  
Blogger K-Dawg said...

Yeah exactly. I'm not saying it HAS happened, I'm just saying it COULD happen :)

6:53 PM  
Blogger J. Cullinane said...

Heheh I remember those toilets. There's like the "Courtesy Flush" button, and then there's the "Ohmygod, I'm so sorry, let me try to get rid of all of this with as much power as possible!" *whooosh*

Sorry Brisbane sucks for you. Maybe it'll warm up, literally and figuratively, soon.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home