Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Gutted!

I'm absolutely furious with myself right now. I was lying in bed last night, thinking about the fact that I've been here a year (as of one week yesterday) and I thought, "Hey, I should look over some of the pictures I've taken over the past while and reminisce." So I looked on a few CD's, and lo and behold, no pictures. I looked through some more, and still no pictures. In a panic, I ransacked my room, found every single CD and DVD I have, and looked through them, and yet, no pictures.

The point? I've lost all my pictures from October 2006 - April 2007. New Years, Christmas, Heron Island, Sydney Opera House, Beach Walk from Coogee to Bondi: Gone, gone, gone.

I do still have my pics from my birthday and beyond, but I'm really upset about my losing the others. I've got pictures in there from people I haven't seen since I left Sydney, and people I will probably never see again, but who I still keep in touch with.

But anyways, things are clipping along here. I'm probably going to be leaving Airlie in the next few weeks. It's a great place to stick around for a while, but I can't see myself staying here for much longer. There's not much to do unless you sail often, and I work too much to be able to enjoy the sun. Plus I have a friend in Brisbane who is offering her place for a few weeks, so I may take hr up on that. It'd be nice to get into a city where I can do more than just go to the pub and drink. Like, I'll have a bunch of options where to go and drink! Wow!

My plans have changed yet again as to what I'm going to do. Providing I pass my medical (which I still haven't taken because I have to go to the next big town, which is a 4 hour drive away, which means I have to take 2 days off work, and it costs about $400 for the tests, etc etc), I'm going to apply for a working visa in NZ, stay in Oz till April, go to NZ for the weekend and get my visa stamped and started, come back to Oz to stay for the remainder of my visa here, which would be till October next year, then fly back to NZ and stay there for the rest of my visa there, which would take me till April of 2009. After that? Who knows. That's as far as I've planned so far, and honestly, it's probably as far as I've ever planned ahead in my life. Hell, I don't even know what I'm going to eat for dinner tonight. Pizza? Hmm........

Anyhow, hope everything's well back in the Americas. I'll chat with ya soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home