Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I've updated my blog. Actually, I *can* believe it because nothing exciting has been happening in the past few weeks. How was everyone's Christmas?

My Christmas was spent drinking a few with some friends I met on Christmas Eve. The hostel in which I'm staying had a free Christmas dinner (with turkey, ham, potatoes, gravy and everything else Christmassy) so I went to that, met up with some folks, and then proceeded to full my belly with alcohol. The evening is a little fuzzy, but from what I remember it was a pretty nice time. It was a little different than last years Christmas, which was spent in Sydney and my dinner then was a nice steak in Darling Harbour.

It's weird that Christmas isn't a big thing here. There's one big tree at the end of Queen St mall (just a big outdoor mall in the heart of Brisbane) and that's pretty much it. No other decorations to speak of, and we were even able to go to a couple restaurants and pubs on Christmas Day. Why do the Aussies hate the baby Jesus? They're heathens, that's why.

New Years will be spent in Airlie Beach this year, and I can't wait to go. I fly out on Saturday morning, and I'm staying until the 2nd. Should be good times. Has everyone got your New Years Eve all planned out?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin. Merry Christmas to you too. Well since we didn't have anything too exciting to do on New Year's Eve we decided to volunteer for Operation Red Nose again this year. We also voluteered on Dec. 20th and got many drunks home safely. Have a blast in Airlie's Beach and a Happy New Year to you.

Dianne.

2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Bro! We hope you have a great New Years Eve and all the best for 2008.
Miss you.
Love the Lorette Lamberts.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home