Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Saturday, December 08, 2007

What You've All Been Waiting For:

I know I've been lax in my posting lately, but really, I haven't been up to anything exciting. I'm working pretty much every day, and Brisbane doesn't lend itself to a lot of fun. I'd have to take a train an hour north to Sunshine Coast or an hour south to the Gold Cost to find all the exciting stuff (SeaWorld, Wet & Wild Waterpark, Luna Park, Surfer's Paradise, etc) and I'm just too damn lazy.

In place of stories of adventure and derring-do, here are some pics from Airlie and beyond. Enjoy!

*NOTE* Stupid Blogger won't let me cut and paste pictures (probably because I'm on IE7 in Windows Vista. Vive la FireFox!), so these are in reverse chronological order. I hope that doesn't make anybody's skull hurt.

Here's a nice picture of my Auntie Diane and Uncle Ed, who came and picked me up from the airport in Brisbane after which we went out for some dinner. It was nice to see some familiar faces again after all this time. They went back to Canada recently. How silly!

Me, Shawna and Pauly (her boyfriend) after she got back from Canada. We ended up going to a handful of pubs around Brissie, and just hanging out and catching up. Now they're back up in Airlie, where I shall hopefully be in a month or so.

Caz and I clowning around after the bar. Had we found these before going out, I don't think we would have needed to go out at all. Seriously, pots and pans can provide hours of entertainment assuming you have a vivid imagination and a belly full of grog.

Me, Connie and apparently Santa decided to make an appearance on my last night in Airlie. And he's busting out gang signs. Santa then proceeded to pop a cap in some chump's ass and crunk it up. Word.

This is the celebratory parade in Airlie after some sort of festival. I'm gonna be honest, this was my last week in Airlie Beach, and my memory ain't so good. I think it has something to do with boats, or boating, or owning boats. Or maybe giant pig mascots.

This is one of my favourite pictures of Connie. This is just outside Mama Africa's in Airlie, easily the best bar I have ever been to, anywhere. I think this was taken at about 5am, and I had borrowed some random's mobile to make long distance calls back to Canada. Ah, the sweet memories.

This is most of the crew at Hoggies on Jesse's last day (he's the guy with the "I Heart Maps" shirt). Left to right is Dave, Me, Phil, Sara, Jesse, Connie, Holly and Kat. This is the last picture anyone has of Jesse. I think he's facedown in a ditch now.

This is the best picture I have of my Halloween costume. I'm being carried by the dude behind me (who, of course, has been firing back the PCP to be able to carry me for hours on end). The crazy witch next to me is Sandi, one of the Hoggies crew. She actually disn't know it was Halloween, she just always dresses like that. She *is* English, of course...
That'll have to be all for this round of pictures. Once I get out of Brisbane, I'll take some more. Unless there's enough people who want to see what downtown Brisbane looks like (hint: it looks a lot like where you live).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home