Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Friday, April 20, 2007

How'd That monkey Get Up That Tree?

*Inside Joke Alert*

I dunno Ashley, how *did* that monkey get in that tree? Now, I'm no scientologist or nothing, but I think it may have something to do with the fact that... he's a monkey? Could be wrong here, not quite sure. I'll have to do some research...

Anyhow, I finally took a trip to the Taronga Zoo in Sydney (not Steve Irwin's yet. That one is somewhere around Brisbane). Nice place, it's built sort of on the side of a hill, so you get off the ferry, and head to the cable car to ride up to the top, and sort of meander your way down. All pretty cool, and we got some nice pictures. I even have one with me and a koala. And for the first time in a while, I'm not doing anything rude to the koala. Must have been an off day.

What else is going on? Oh, since my birthday is in a couple weeks, I've decided to head up to Byron again for the weekend with some friends. I'm considering staying there after the weekend is over though, and not coming back to Sydney, just because I think I need to get out of here once again. I've got a couple days to think about that anyways, so we'll see what I come up with. Luckily, I do all my best thinking while I do my best drinking.

Also, I am now in possession of a guitar. A nice acoustic guitar folks, that I need to learn to play. A friend of a friend found it on her travels, and gave it to me. How nice. Also! She gave me a box of KD. Not just Macaroni and Cheese made by Kraft, but real CANADIAN Kraft Dinner. It even has French! I'm going to cherish it like it was my own foot. But hopefully with less cheese.

I think that's it for now folks. Tune in for the next post which will finally answer the question that's on everyone's mind: Will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the answer.

Which is no.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you again. We now have a harmonica player, a sax player and if you get those lessons on the guitar, Dad and I will finally have our dream come true. The Lambert Bros. band making enough money to support us in our old age. Oh, I think we are just about there, and we are still supporting ourselves. Dream on.
Wondering how you made out with your app. for residency. Maybe an Aus. wife would help, any prospects???
Have a good time in Byron and make sure that you take extra care of the KD. It may be a while before you get any more.
Love you and Miss you
Mom & Dad

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, you were so drunk when you wrote this.

3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home