Kev in Aus

Chronicling the misadventures of a Canadian traveling through Australia. There's seemingly far too many of us!

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Bah...

Well folks, things seems to have stalled in Airlie Beach for now. Turns out that sponsorship may only be available for skilled labour, and bartending/waiting tables doesn't count. Luckily, we may be able to apply for a tourist area consideration, which basically means that since not a lot of actually live around here, and it's mostly backpackers or vacationers, then they may make an exception. I'm just crossing my fingers about that though.

In the meantime, I'm looking into getting my visa extended through legal and possibly grey-market ways. I won't get into it, in case the feds are on my tail (aren't they always?) but it involves a large box of scotch tape, 3 gorillas and a whole lot of peanut butter. I may already have said too much.

Other than that, I don't have nay more pictures to show anyone right now, but I will hopefully have more to add in the next couple days.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home